One of the worst things that can happen to your air conditioning unit is it getting spoilt and requiring to be fixed. During the hot and humid season is when your air conditioning system is likely to break down especially because it is used a lot. When this happens, the first thing that you may need to do is to find out just how much it is going to cost you for a repair. When you start feeling like your home is not as cool as it normally could be one of the tell signs that something is wrong somewhere.
When your air conditioning system stops working properly, then the cost of its repair and fixing could be on different ranges because you do not even know where the problem is in the first place. It would be safe to say that the average pricing of an air conditioning repair is between $150 to around $500. However, you should keep in mind that this is just an average meaning that you may end up paying less or more depending on the problem that you have.
If your air conditioning system needs major repair to be done, then the total price can go over $1000 or even more. If this is the case, the specialist that you may have hired is going to speak with you in regards to the replacement of your entire system and may also suggest one for you that is around the same cost. Below is a list of air conditioning repairs and an average of how much it would cost you to get them fixed.
* If your thermostat needs to be replaced, it will cost you an average of $60 to $250
* If you need to replace your fuses, it will cost you around $15 to $300.
* If you want a compressor hard kit, then you will end up spending an average of $100 to $250.
* If you are thinking of replacing your compressor, depending on the type and size of your air conditioning system that you will spend around $1300 to $1800.
* If you need an air conditioning refrigerant recharge, then you will spend around $160 to $400.
* If it is your condensate pump that needs to be replaced, then you will need around $90 to $250.
* An evaporator coil replacement would cost you around $650 to $1200.
* If you need your air conditioning contractor or capacitor, then you will need around $90 to $400 to get them replaced.
* If there is refrigerant leak detection or if you want your refrigerant to be repaired, then you are going to spend around $225 to $1600.
* If you want your circuit breakers or your relays replaced, you will need around $15 to $300.